Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Little Reminder

Life is busy. We forget to blog... for 8 months!!! Well, I'm back and I don't really have much to say, but felt a need to just write. I'm in a good place today, feeling happy with life and incredibly blessed to have two healthy children who I love more than anything in this world! I forget that sometimes... actually I forget that a lot, and sometimes it takes a little reminder for me to remember how very lucky and blessed I truly am. Sure, life is busy... there's stresses at work, stresses at school, and stresses at home... but that's all part of the journey, right?

I have been following the plight of a 5-year old "princess" who lives in Arizona. Her name is Gabriella, and she is on an incredible journey. A friend of mine on Facebook brought her to my attention about a year ago and I've been following her story ever since. She just got a sparkly new heart on Monday!!! And here I am worrying about things like school, tests, attitude, finances, and where to go on our next family vacation!

Yes, it's moments like this when I realize that God has blessed me over and over and over and over again. It's moments like this when I hug my children a little bit tighter and with a little more feeling. It's moments like this when I want to just sit and watch them sleep, or look them in the eye when they're telling me a story, and really listening to what they are saying.

Yep, sometimes I just need a little reminder.

2 comments: